Having doubts before a cosmetic surgery operation is normal for any patient? For this reason, we have prepared this guide of recommendations for a cosmetic surgery operation:
- Making the decision to carry out a cosmetic surgery operation is something very personal and a decision that you should meditate well. You must be clear about the reasons why you want to undergo the operation. Fundamentally, you should want to make this change in appearance for yourself, never due to social pressure or recommendations from other people.
- Once you have made the decision, choosing a cosmetic surgery clinic is a vitally important job. Always go to a trusted and experienced cosmetic surgery clinic with qualified professionals specialized in the type of operation you want to perform.
- As we have already commented on other occasions, trust with your surgeon is essential to achieve a satisfactory result. Ask him all the questions you have before the operation, so you will fully understand what the intervention consists of and the recovery period afterwards. You must let yourself be advised by him. He is an experienced professional and is the best person to advise you on the aesthetic change that will best suit you.
- The week before the operation, try to eat healthily, drink plenty of water and reduce the consumption of soft drinks and alcoholic beverages. In addition, you should try not to smoke for a few weeks before (3-4 weeks) of the operation. Tobacco is harmful to health, but also for the proper evolution and healing of your wounds.
- Talk to your family to explain the operation you are going to undergo. Many people may feel ashamed to tell family or friends about this type of operation, but they are the best support you can have in the weeks before and after the operation, where you will need their help and care during recovery.
The Day Of The Operation
- Prior to the intervention, you must provide your surgeon with the preparatory tests that have been performed, as well as sign a consent for the intervention. We will provide you with pre and postoperative recommendation sheets, as well as a hospital admission sheet, and thus make things easier for you. To do this, days before, make a folder with all the documentation so that you do not leave anything forgotten.
- As soon as you arrive at the clinic, talk to your doctor to let him know the latest questions about the process that may have arisen. Do not wait until after the operation, and it is better to waste a few minutes to solve these doubts than to get unwanted surprises later.
- Wear comfortable clothes, whether it is an outpatient surgery and you can go home, or if you have to stay in the hospital some night. Depending on the type of operation, wear clothing adapted for it. If the intervention is carried out on the torso or head, use garments that are buttoned in the front so that they can be easily removed and put on. Avoid wearing makeup and using body moisturizers on the day of the intervention.
- On the day of the operation, get up early enough not to run. Surely you will feel nervous @ about the intervention, so the last thing you need is more stress and having to run. Go to the clinic early in case there are too many people in admission or last-minute paperwork to fill out.
- If you have followed all the recommendations before the cosmetic surgery operation, feel reassured on the day of the operation. You must relax and be sure of the decision you have made. If your nerves are playing tricks on you, talk to your doctor to reassure you.
- The days after the operation, you will not be in a position to make many movements, so make sure that someone will be accompanying you at all times to help you with things such as moving around the house, showering (if your doctor allows) or to have your food prepared.
- Strictly follow the recommendations that your plastic surgeon has given you. Take relative rest for the indicated time and regularly go to the reviews that have been marked to check that everything is evolving satisfactorily.
- At any time and at the slightest anomaly, go to your clinic or hospital. Although it is infrequent, after a cosmetic surgery operation, infections can appear, which must be alleviated immediately so that they do not cause major complications.
- During the time that your doctor has recommended, do not do any type of physical exercise that could prevent proper healing. The weeks after the operation, the wounds are in the process of healing, so you must be careful not to make efforts. Find out when it is advisable to start practising sports after a cosmetic surgery operation.
- The weeks after the operation, do not get nervous if you still cannot see the results of the operation. The area of the intervention is still inflamed, but little by little, it will go down, so do not be scared if, at first, the result is not as you expected. Be patient!!